Friday, April 20, 2007

seitan satay

I originally conceived this as a stir-fry pizza but it morphed into this seitan satay pizza as I started prepping ingredients. I used a store-bought satay sauce and it was a little on the sweet side - I guess that is what I get for being lazy and not making my own sauce. But despite that we both enjoyed the pizza very much. I'll give it a 7. Needed a less sweet sauce and some more toppings - I was still hungry after one slice! Perhaps some broccoli, snow peas, or maybe even the rice I had originally been thinking of adding - I guess I'll just have to make that stir-fry pizza soon!!

Here are the toppings:
  • Peanut satay sauce
  • Seitan
  • sauteed leek and bok choy
  • red bell pepper
  • passed the nutritional yeast and hot pepper flakes at the table

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home