Saturday, July 28, 2007

grilled pizza


The last few days have been miserably hot and humid again. Yesterday I made K whisk the little guy and I off to a restaurant as soon as he got home from work. I wasn't craving any particular food, but was eagerly seeking a blast of cold AC. My seat in the restaurant was directly over a vent. Had I spent the entire day in an air conditioned office I would not have liked this but as I had spent most the day in our hot house I loved that my legs were turning numbingly cold.

Although the rains today did help cool things off I still was not eager to turn on the stove let alone the oven in order to cook dinner tonight. And we have too much delicious farm fresh produce to splurge with a restaurant meal again tonight. So we fired up the grill for a delicious seasonal flatbread.
  • fresh basil pesto
  • grilled zucchini and yellow summer squash
  • grilled onions
  • and as always passed the hot pepper flakes at the table
Despite my indifference towards zucchini and summer squash this was a tasty pizza. I'll give it an 8.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:18:00 PM, Blogger ExpatChef said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on the slaw! Glad the recipe worked out well for you! Best to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home