Monday, November 19, 2007

food or funky art?

We picked up our first winter share from our CSA yesterday. Much of the share was packaged up in a crate which we took home to unload. One thing I love about the CSA is the surprise of what exactly we'll get each week. With it packaged this way it was even more exciting than normal. It felt a little like christmas digging into the crate to see what all was in there. Hiding there amongst a very large pile of carrots, a huge turnip, a handful of small celeriacs, and various other root vegetables was this stunning creature. I immediately recognized it as a cauliflower but not your average boring white brain-like cauliflower, no this is something new and different and very interesting! and this just after I my recent post lamenting the lack of new-to-me vegetables in our CSA. Apparently it is a romanesco cauliflower. I hate to cut it apart it looks so funky and fun. How can I cook this beauty so that I take advantage of its visual appeal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home